Best Looney Tunes Characters : Over the years, there have been hundreds, perhaps thousands of different cartoon series that appeared both on television screens and in movies, but few are as well-known and influential as the cartoon classic Looney Tunes (and its sister series Merrie Melodies).
This animated series, produced by Warner Bros, ran from 1930 to 1969, during the golden age of American animation, and the legendary series boasts some of the greatest and most recognizable cartoon characters ever created. It has gone on to become a worldwide media franchise with video games, comic books, and feature films, and this has led it to become one of the flagship properties of Warner Bros.
With that in mind, here are some brilliant facts about the immensely influential and incredibly popular series. Let’s discover the best Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies characters of all time according to the public !
We want to choose the best character of Looney Tunes Cartoon. This list is composed of characters who have appeared on the Cartoon series. Some of these characters removed and others still present in the saga. Choose your favourite character and vote for her/him.
List : Vote for Best Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies Characters
About The List
From December and until April 2020, Awards organizes a public poll to design the three best characters of the Cartoon Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. The competition is public and if your character is missing from the list do not hesitate to write his name in comments section.
- To vote, just click on the character of your choice.
- It is possible to vote only once every 24 hours.
- Each vote is counted as one vote.
- You can vote for two entries.
- It is possible to suggest the addition of an entry in the comments section.
- Don’t forget to share the voting page with your friends on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Looney Tunes is a cartoon series owned by Warner Bros (WB). This series was produced with the Merrie Melodies. The Warner characters also became known as “Looney Tunes” (often misspelled, intentionally or unintentionally, as “Looney Toons”). Looney Tunes is a variation of Silly Symphonies, the name of Walt Disney’s series of musical short films.
- Looney Tunes originally possessed the musical compositions for the adventures of the characters Bosko and Buddy. Later, Looney Tunes short films recount the adventures of famous characters such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester (Grosminet), Speedy Gonzales, Titi, Marvin the Martian, Taz, Beep Beep and Coyote, Charlie the Rooster, Sam the Pirate, Pepee the Skunk, Granny, Gossamer and many other characters.
- Official Website
Facts & More Informations
- Schlesinger hired Hugh Harman and Rudolf Ising to produce their first series of cartoons. Bosko was the first major Looney Tunes lead character, debuting in the short “Bosko, The Talk-Ink Kid” in 1929. The first Looney Tunes short was “Sinkin’ in the Bathtub”, which was released in 1930.
- Bugs Bunny is a known traveler who most often takes the wrong turn; this is why you’ve seen him in places like the Himalayas and Antarctica. However, very few people are aware of where Bugs originally came from. In case you wondered, Bugs was born in Brooklyn, New York.
- Did you know that before given the name Tweety the famous bird was called Orson? He was also originally pink, not yellow.
- Yosemite Sam is better known in France as Sam the Pirate. That’s because the French have become accustomed to seeing his pirate persona as the default Sam and all the others—including the cowboy—as variations.
- Bosko was the first-ever major Looney Tunes character. His first film was called “Bosko, the Talk-Ink Kid,” first shown on April 19, 1929.